The pages on Philopannyx should be viewed using the latest version of Firefox

A really good night quotes collection (Part VI)

Part VIThis is part six of a really good night quotes collection.
To start from the top you should visit Part I

Part six of a really good night quotes collection


Night quotes 126-150



126
It was only a sunny smile, But it scattered the night And little it cost in the giving; Like morning light, And made the day worth living.
- Anonymous
127
The heights by great men reached and kept Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept Were toiling upward in the night.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
128
I have always been pushed by the negative.... The apparent failure of a play sends me back to my typewriter that very night, before the reviews are out. I am more compelled to get back to work than if I had a success.
- Tennessee Williams
129
Oh, I love to see a man with a cigar. It reminds me of my grandfather. Morning to night, he used to sit with a great big stogie dangling from his lips. Oh, the hours we kids used to spend sitting on his lap, playing with the yellow whiskers beneath his nose. Then he'd take out his teeth with the cigar still in them and chase us around the room! We'd all laugh and laugh . . . then suddenly Grampa's mood would change, and we'd all have to run for our lives. . . . You can't buy memories like that.
- Daphne Frasier
130
She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes.
- Lord Byron
131
You say that love is nonsense. ... I tell you it is no such thing. For weeks and months it is a steady physical pain, an ache about the heart, never leaving one, by night or by day; a long strain on one's nerves like toothache or rheumatism, not intolerable at any one instant, but exhausting by its steady drain on the strength.
- Henry Brooks Adams
132
Though I know he loves me, tonight my heart is sad; his kiss was not so wonderful as all the dreams I had.
- Sara Teasdale
133
True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard. It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds a handful of stars tossed into the night sky.
- Jim Bishop
134
True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard. It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds - a handful of stars tossed into the night sky.
- Jim Bishop
135
We lose our souls if we lose the experience of the forest, the butterflies, the song of the birds, if we can't see the stars at night.
- Thomas Berry
136
I'd like to introduce a man with a lot of charm, talent, and wit. Unfortunately, he couldn't be here tonight, so instead . . .
- Melvin Helitzer
137
I sort of feel like Cindy Crawford's new husband on their wedding night. I know what's expected of me. I'm just not sure I've got the ability to make it interesting.
- Melvin Helitzer
138
We were worried that our main speaker wouldn't be able to make it tonight. But, fortunately, due to a hole in the prosecution's case . . .
- Anonymous
139
If you think a lot of the comments made tonight are not funny, but are immature and tasteless, that's only because the sense of humor is the first thing to go.
- Anonymous
140
Men will now get up and walk with the baby in the middle of the night, change its diapers, and give it a bottle, but in their heart of hearts they still think they shouldn't have to.
- Rita Rudner
141
Living in New York is like being at some terrible late-night party. You're tired, you've had a headache since you arrived, but you can't leave because then you'd miss the party.
- Simon Hoggart
142
College is the best time of your life. When else are your parents going to spend several thousand dollars a year just for you to go to a strange town and get drunk every night?
- David Wood
143
The other night, while lying on a couch, I reviewed the high point of my life and fell asleep!
- Anonymous
144
St. Teresa of Avila described our life in this world as like a night in a second-class hotel.
- Malcolm Muggeridge
145
Did you ever have one of those nights when you didn't want to go out, but your hair looked too good to stay home?
- Jack Simmons
146
Never get married in the morning, because you never know who you'll meet that night.
- Paul Hornung
147
I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home that answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog that growls every morning, a parrot that swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night.
- Marie Corelli
148
My second ex-wife was really kind of like a ship passing in the night. Only she turned out to be the Exxon Valdez.
- James Woods
149
MOTHER TO TEENAGER ON SUNDAY MORNING: I believe I heard the clock strike one when you came in last night. teen: Well, I know how much you need your sleep, so it was going to strike ten but I stopped it at one chime.
- Anonymous
150
When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me.
- Emo Philips

Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII - Part IX

No comments:

Lights for the darkness and nights for the living.
Night world... Nightlife... It's a life style.
Enjoy your night not knowing what the day will rise.
Carpe Noctem

Request, share, comment on all of the followings
Music, pictures, downloads, movies, information, shopping, blog.