The pages on Philopannyx should be viewed using the latest version of Firefox

A really good night quotes collection (Part III)

Part IIIThis is part three of A really good night quotes collection.
To start from the top you should visit Part I


Part three of a really good night quotes collection


Night quotes 51-75


51
Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
- Herodotus
52
When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep.
- Anonymous
53
What's joy to one is a nightmare to the other.
- Bertolt Brecht
54
For the happiest life, days should be rigorously planned, nights left open to chance.
- Mignon McLaughlin
55
O friends, I pray tonight, Keep not your kisses for my dead cold brow. The way is lonely; let me feel them now. Think gently of me; I am travel-worn, My faltering feet are pierced with many a thorn. Forgive! O hearts estranged, forgive, I plead! When ceaseless bliss is mine I shall not need The tenderness for which I long tonight.
- Belle Eugenia Smith
56
Keep a grateful journal. Every night, list five things that you are grateful for. What it will begin to do is change your perspective of your day and your life.
- Oprah Winfrey
57
It was only a sunny smile, And little it cost in the giving. But like morning light, it scattered the night, And made the day worth living.
- Anonymous
58
Tis the human touch in the world that counts-the touch of your hand and mine-Which means far more to the sinking heart than shelter or bread or wine For shelter is gone when the night is o'er, and bread lasts only a day But the touch of the hand and the sound of the voice Live on in the soul always.
- Spencer M. Free
59
Trying to do good to people without God's help is no easier than making the sun shine at midnight. You discover that you've got to abandon all your own preferences, your own bright ideas, and guide souls along the road our Lord has marked out for them. You mustn't coerce them into some path of your own choosing.
- Therese of Lisieux
60
Let us move on, and step out boldly, though it be into the night, and we can scarcely see the way. A Higher Intelligence than the mortal sees the road before us.
- Charles B. Newcomb
61
Faith is the little night-light that burns in a sick-room; as long as it is there, the obscurity is not complete, we turn towards it and await the daylight.
- Abbe Henri Huvelin
62
Through the dark and stormy night Faith beholds a feeble light Up the blackness streaking; Knowing God's own time is best, In a patient hope I rest For the full day-breaking!
- John Greenleaf Whittier
63
One night alone in prayer might make us new men, changed from poverty of soul to spiritual wealth, from trembling to triumphing.
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
64
Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.
- Thomas Fuller
65
Let prayer be the key of the morning and the bolt at night.
- Philip Henry
Add to Favorite List
When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep.
- Anonymous
66
I did this night promise my wife never to go to bed without calling upon God, upon my knees, in prayer.
- Samuel Pepys
67
"Oh, God, if I were sure I were to die tonight I would repent at once." It is the commonest prayer in all languages.
- Sir James M. Barrie
68
See to it, night and day, that you pray for your children. Then you will leave them a great legacy of answers to prayer, which will follow them all the days of their life. Then you may calmly and with a good conscience depart from them, even though you may not leave them a great deal of material wealth.
- O. Hallesby
69
There is a solitude which each and every one of us has always carried within. More inaccessible than the ice-cold mountains, more profound than the midnight sea: the solitude of self.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
70
The older women were Sunbeams and I guess we were Cherubs or Lambs, but our mothers were Nightingales.
- Janet Flanner
71
Old age is that night of life, as night is the old age of day. Still night is full of magnificence and, for many, it is more brilliant than the day.
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
72
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between I occupy myself as best I can.
- Cary Grant
73
The organized person ... makes the most of his time and goes to his bed for the night perfectly relaxed for rest and renewal.
- George Matthew Adams
74
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between I occupy myself as best I can.
- Cary Grant
75
A day's work is a day's work, neither more nor less, and the man who does it needs a day's sustenance, a night's repose and due leisure, whether he be painter or ploughman.
- George Bernard Shaw

Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII - Part IX

No comments:

Lights for the darkness and nights for the living.
Night world... Nightlife... It's a life style.
Enjoy your night not knowing what the day will rise.
Carpe Noctem

Request, share, comment on all of the followings
Music, pictures, downloads, movies, information, shopping, blog.